Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Decorating the house!

My room, and actually the whole apartment looked very sterile- so as long as we are here we’ve been looking for something on the wall. We didn’t find anything till we went to the market in Hatfield, with lots of crafts. This is a painting on fabric- hangs in my room:)

Mijn kamer, en eigenlijk ons hele apartement zag er erg sterile uit. Zo lang we hier zijn, zijn we eigenlijk al op zoek naar iets om op te hangen. We hadden nog niets gevonden, tot we naar de markt in Hatfield gingen met heel veel Afrikaanse handgemaakte dingen. Dit is een schildering op stof- hangt in mijn kamer:)
I saw this painting and I loved it! Whenever I thought of Africa I thought of scenes like this! The artist had loads of paintings, but I liked this one best. It’s quite big and has three elephants on it- you can’t see the whole painting and it hangs in our living room.

Toen ik dit schilderij zag was ik gelijk verliefd! Altijd wanneer ik over Afrika dacht had ik een beeld zoals dit in mijn hoofd! De schilder had echt heel veel schilderijen- maar dit was toch echt de mooiste! Het is behoorlijk groot, er staan drie olifanten op. Het hangt in de woonkamer.

And of course the South African Flag! Hangs in the living room as well!

No comments: