Thursday, February 01, 2007

Surprise party!


Last friday we had organized a surprise party for Emma. Emma is replacing Beth in the International Church of Leiden, so a new friend of mine:) She is from California and Saturday was her birthday, far away from home! So there was surprise party on Friday. And she was really surprised- had no idea that this was going to happen. She was supposed to have dinner with two of her friends, and there about 30 people waiting for her! So that was alot of fun!

Other than that there hasnt been alot of excitement in my life since I got back from Florida. Im finsishing my thesis- this time it's really almost done! Ill finsish it this week, and hand it in next week, after looking everything over for the details:) And I applied for two totally different jobs. One is as a lobbyist for a Christian (actually even reformed) relief agency, but I dont think I'll get the job because they preferred an experienced person, who had done political studies... But I gave it a try. And the other job I applied for is a social science teacher on a christian highschool. It seems like it is gonna be hard to get a job in the field I studied for, so Im thinking more and more about becoming a teacher for now- would mean I have to go back to school (parttime) for one more year. But there is a huge shortage of highschool teachers right now, especially on christian schools. So actually literally everything is open for me on this point. Pretty exciting!!
 Posted by Picasa

No comments: