Thursday, February 15, 2007

SNOW in Leiden!!

Last Thursday something special happen- we got snow here in the Netherlands!! Really exciting! Last time it snowed as much- or probably more than it did now, was in december 2005. I am living in a weird country thoug- now I am really convinced!:) One day you can go outside without a jacket and the other day there is a national weather alarm because of the expected snow! So the whole country was waiting and fearing for the worst. But it wasnt so bad at all. We didnt get as much as there was expected. So after the snow already melted the same day, alot of critics on the weather alarm came! Because schools had let the children go earlier, there were less trains then usual, people stayed home from work! So alot of money for the economy as some people said... But I didnt have to do with all that- so I just enjoyed:)
This is the view on the Hooglandsche Kerk from my roof-terrace. This is a huge church in downtown Leiden, and it is really old! The oldest parts date from 1280 and the latest part are built in the late 19th century. An impressive building, as well the outside as the inside!


And this is me- enjoying being in the snow! Im dressed really warm as you can see. Finally it was necessary to wear my Mexican scarf to stay warm, instead of just nice, but warm decoration:) If that Tarahuamara lady only knew that her scarf is used to stay warm in snowy Leiden- she would probably be surprised. And also a nice chance to wear one of my many hats. I love hats! But it's never really cold enough to wear them...


No comments: