Thursday, February 15, 2007

More snow in Leiden pictures...

This is one of the most beautiful streets of Leiden, along my favorite canal- de Herengracht. I always like it alot to walk around this neighbourhood, it is really calm and quiet and lots of things to see. But this time it is was very slippery, but still people on their bikes were passing me..

This is another favorite 'Leiden-spot' of mine. Always when I walk here or ride my bike I wonder what those very old houses would tell me if they could talk- Im sure they would tell interesting stories about people who were living in those houses centuries ago... On the background there is the Hooglandsche Kerk (see blog below)


And here we are in downtown Leiden with view on the 'Korenbeurs brug'. In earlier days this bridge was an important place in the city, farmers were selling their grains (wheat?) here. Sometimes when I walk over this bridge and realize that few hundred years ago famers were doing their business here and now it is just one of the many pitoresque bridges in Leiden, I feel very little, we feel so important but we all are just such a little part of this huge plan God has for this world, and I wonder if we really are so much different nowadays then people were then...



No comments: