Sunday, March 18, 2007

Fish shop!

Yesterday I unexpectedly had to work in the fish shop were I used to work, and spend most of my saturdays for about 5 years, and as well alot of my freetime during breaks. And I don't even have one picture- so I took my camera- and see here the result

This is Saartje (little sarah;) our "billboard"- she is the typical dutch herring-girl. In case you don't know- the fish she holds in her hand is a raw herring- a typical dutch treat that you have to eat like she does. And most of the people eat it with raw onions on it. I think this is one of the most typical dutch things. And I have to admit that I do like fish- most fish- but definitely not herring!!


And this is Joost- my cousin- he is gutting the herring, not the most nicest work to do since they are all frozen in pickled water. And it is sort of a bloody work- but Ill keep the details;)


And this is Annie- she has been my collegue for many years. And you can see some of the things we sell- in the middle you see all sort of fried fishes, and also mackerels and different kinds of salads. It was fun to be back for a day, but also good to realize that I don't have to go there every week anymore!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: